Want to make an easy Hollandaise sauce so good people will be calling you a MasterChef?
We've got your covered with this quick, simple and triple tested sauce recipe.
Thanks to our sister site Food to Love for the recipe.
Hollandaise sauce ingredients
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g butter, melted
How to make Hollandaise sauce in just 3 steps
- Place egg yolks, water, lemon juice and seasoning in a large bowl. Put bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and whisk until eggs have doubled in volume, being careful eggs do not get too hot and begin to curdle.
- Whisking continuously, add warm melted butter in a thin and steady stream until sauce has thickened and increased in volume again.
- Check seasoning and serve sauce immediately, or cover closely and keep in a warm place for up to four hours before serving.