Over the weekend, Kensington Palace made a statement on behalf of Prince William and Prince Harry.
“A statue of Diana, Princess of Wales will be erected in the grounds of Kensington Palace at the request of her sons, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry,” the release read.
“The Princes have convened a committee to commission and privately raise funds for the creation of the statue. This committee will advise on the selection of the sculptor and will work with Historic Royal Palaces on the statue’s installation in the public gardens of Kensington Palace.”
The Princess of Wales was just 36 years old when she tragically passed away following a car crash in Paris, on August 31, 1997.
The beloved royal was survived by her two boys, William and Harry, who've carried on her legacy ever since.
“It has been twenty years since our mother’s death and the time is right to recognise her positive impact in the UK and around the world with a permanent statue," Harry and Wills said in the statement.
"Our mother touched so many lives. We hope the statue will help all those who visit Kensington Palace to reflect on her life and her legacy.”
It is expected the sculpting of the statue will begin soon and the siblings will be very involved in the process.
Prince William, now a father to two beautiful kids, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, has been using his position as a royal to help voice the importance of dealing with a death, especially when it affects children.
Earlier this month he stopped by the Child Bereavement UK center.
It was there he spoke with nine-year-old Aoife, a girl who lost her father to pancreatic cancer six years ago.
Sitting her down, the 34-year-old explained that he had also experienced similar pain.
“Do you know what happened to me? You know, I lost my mummy when I was very young too,” he said.
“I was 15, and my brother was 12,” the second-in-line to the throne continued.
“Do you speak about your daddy? It’s very important to talk about it, very, very important.”
WATCH the interaction between the pair in the video below... Article continues!
Meanwhile, 32-year-old Harry has been following suit.
In July 2016, the fifth-in-line-to-the-throne said he did not talk about his mother's death "for the first 28 years of my life."
Now, Meghan Markle's beau is backing a new initiative, Time to Talk, an endeavor that will end the stigma surrounding mental health.
He admitted that he regretted not speaking out about how Diana's death affected him.
"Don't hide your feelings like I did after my mother died."