Australia's entertainment industry has been forced to change the way it operates in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, with many of its key stars in lockdown and production on several fan-favourite shows halted indefinitely.
And following the news that Channel Nine's entertainment guru Richard Wilkins tested positive to COVID-19, after he "briefly" spoke to actor Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson at Nine's Sydney headquarters last week, Richard's son Christian has been in lockdown, self-isolating in a Melbourne hotel room.
Christian is currently starring as one of the celebrity contestants on Dancing With The Stars and has already been picked as a frontrunner with a strong chance of winning the competition and taking home the coveted mirror ball trophy.
But with Christian and his DWTS partner Lily Cornish in lockdown, there were concerns the stylist could be forced to miss out on Sunday's night show.
Now, in a DWTS first, Channel 10 has announced an extraordinary new change to the way the show will operate.
"Christian and Lily will appear on Dancing With The Stars remotely during this Sunday's show, returning to the dance floor the following Sunday," a Ten spokesperson said in a statement.
"As a precaution, all Dancing With The Stars cast and crew will continue to self-monitor for symptoms until the end of Christian's self-isolation period."
The Ten spokesperson confirmed Christian tested negative for the COVID-19 virus and is not showing any symptoms.
Christian and Lily will perform their routine live from the rooftop of the hotel where they are in isolation.
Last week, Channel Ten revealed there would have no live audience during last Sunday's live DWTS show.
While it was a first for the program, hosts Amanda Keller and Grant Denyer assured viewers that they, the dancers, judges and crew would all be carrying on as normal.
"It's extraordinary but these are extraordinary times so get behind your celebs, vote for them, watch tomorrow night, these are amazing times, let's all be in this together," Amanda said on the show's official Instagram page.
"The show will go on," an ever-enthusiastic Grant added.
WATCH BELOW: Richard Wilkins opens up about his son with Down syndrome. Story continues after video.
Several other Australian entertainment personalities have been affected by the coronavirus, including Channel Nine hosts David Campbell, Belinda Russell and Tracey Grimshaw.
Studio 10 host Angela Bishop has gone into self isolation after coming into contact with Richard Wilkins last week.
But in a statement, Channel 10 confirmed she has tested negative for the virus, yet will continue to self isolate as a precaution.
"Our focus continues to be the health, safety and well being of our people. As per the advice from health authorities, Angela will continue to self-isolate for the advised 14 days from date of exposure to ensure maximum safety for all involved, family and friends, as well as the general public," the statement said.
"Angela will continue to appear on Studio 10 via Skype until the end of her self-isolation period."