If you're a runner, you know that finding the right pair of running shoes is like finding the Holy Grail. Ensuring your feet stay comfortable and well-protected while pounding the pavement is of utmost importance.
Yet, the vast amount of information available on what to consider and which shoes to buy can be overwhelming. Which is why we turned to an expert to guide us in finding the best running shoes.
Now To Love spoke with James Chan, the Head of Marketing Pacific at renowned global sportswear brand, Reebok, to get the inside scoop.
First things first, does your sneaker actually matter when it comes to running? According to James, the right shoe can absolutely impact your performance, no matter your expertise level.
"Running shoes can indeed have a positive impact on performance, even for casual or beginner runners. A well-designed running shoe provides essential support, cushioning, and stability that can enhance comfort, reduce the risk of injury, and promote a more efficient running stride," says James.
Important factors in a quality running shoe can include anything from stability to flexibility, cushioning or traction. When it comes down to it, it all depends on the individual runner and their needs.
When it comes to the design of a good running shoe, James advised that "designing running shoes for different types of runners involves considering factors like cushioning level (more for beginners, potentially less for advanced runners), support features, and biomechanical considerations".
"Biomechanics, including factors like pronation (foot roll), impact forces, and stride length, influence shoe design. Different shoes offer varying levels of pronation control or support, cushioning materials, and flexibility to accommodate different foot strikes and running styles," he says.
According to James, "shoppers should consider factors such as their running style, foot shape, terrain, and desired level of support and cushioning".
"It's important to get properly fitted, consider the shoe's durability, and test the shoes through a short jog or run before making a final decision", he adds.
To give you a hand, below are some of the best shoes for running that are on the market and available to shop in Australia. Read on to find our top picks to suit a range of budgets and styles for any type of runner.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023