Universal pre-school for three-year-olds in 2019
Free hampers for new parents to ‘ease the cost of living’
What else is in store for NSW families?
- $16.9 million for new mums including an extra 100 midwives, more nurse home visits, five additional Family Care Centre Hubs, and help for mothers with severe and complex mental illness.
- $7.6 million for the NSW Baby Bundle
- Up to an extra $200 per year for each child in school with the Active Kids rebate and the new Creative Kids voucher
- Guaranteed access to two years of early childhood education for all three-year-old kids.
- Fee-free Smart apprenticeships, with 100,000 placements to be provided
- Improved youth facilities with new and upgraded Police Citizens Youth Clubs across the state.