Momo-ment of terror
Too easily Led
A deadly dare
The ice and salt challenge
What can parents do?
Sonya Ryan’s online safety tips
- Educate yourself about all the apps on your child's device.
- Understand privacy settings and public chat functionality.
- Educate yourself about the device you are handing over to your child to use – be sure to check settings regularly, particularly with each software update.
- Implement guidelines for use – just as we require a driver's licence to drive a car and must be responsible for our choices on the road, our children need to have guidelines in relation to the online space. There are consequences for all the actions we take.
- Remember you are paying for and providing the internet and device to your child until they are old enough to manage their own expenses. You have the right to create guidelines, you are the parent. Remind your child your motivation comes from a place of love and care for them.