Princes Harry and William are taking some very drastic measures in order to keep the peace between them and their wives, it appears.
Indeed the siblings and their spouses, affectionately known as the 'Fab Four', mightn't be aligning themselves as a team in all senses any more, as it is revealed the two families will be splitting their staff.
According to a report by respected Sunday Times royal correspondent Roya Nikkhah, the two couples will part ways formally to create separate courts ahead of the birth of Meghan and Harry's first child in the British Spring.
This division, which is expected to take place in the coming weeks, comes after a 10-year shared household between the brothers.
Whispers of the split were first reported in October last year when a royal insider told Roya that the brothers' evolving roles with their separate families had been a catalyst for change.
"[The] William and Harry double-act has naturally been supplanted by the two couples and their families. They have become different people with different outlooks on life. Splitting the household is the obvious thing to do," the insider said.
Over the weekend, an insider told Roya that the brothers were working to "make sure the Sussexes have an office that can support their family when they move to Frogmore".
It is understood that the main split will take place within their communications team, one that has arguably been the most busy of late after a series of negative reports surrounding Meghan and her tenuous relationship with Kate and Wills.
The negative press surrounding the royal family, and indeed Meghan Markle, of late has been relentless, with claims that Meghan had shaken up the Palace and earned the nickname of 'Duchess Difficult'.
Reports of stress between the two households has also been rife, with reports that Kate and Meghan had been at loggerheads as far back as May, ahead of the royal wedding.
Sources claimed Meghan had left Kate "in tears" following a bridesmaids fitting for her wedding.
Meanwhile, William and Harry's undeniable bond was reportedly "broken" after William "refused to roll out the red carpet" for Meghan.
"Harry didn't think William was rolling out the red carpet for Meghan, and told him so," a source revealed.
WATCH: William, Kate, Harry and Meghan step out together on Christmas Day 2018. Story continues after video...
With that being said, there's no denying the royal PR teams have been doing some serious overtime, and with the brothers going their separate ways professionally, it is hoped that some of the tension between the two will ease.
Currently, US PR agent Jason Knauf looks after the two household's media relations, and despite his denial that he would just be focusing on Cambridges moving forward, the Mail On Sunday claims he was dismayed by the most recent onslaught of press about the Duchess of Sussex.
Earlier this month, People magazine published an interview with Meghan's closest friends to "set the record straight" about her troubled relationship with Thomas Markle, her father.
The Mail on Sunday claims Knauf is thought to have not known about the article at all until shortly before publication, suggesting that the report was given the okay by Meghan herself.
This also comes after a flurry of staff quit after just months of working for Harry and Meghan.
In November last year, it was revealed the pair lost three staff members from their team in the few short months following their May wedding.
Namely, Meghan's newest recruit, a personal assistant named Melissa, handed in her notice quick smart, despite the seemingly glamorous role.
"It's a real shock. Why would she want to leave such a prestigious job so soon?" An insider told the Daily Mail.
But whether or not Harry and William decide to split their households, the foursome will still be united in some capacities.
The fab four will still come together through their joint organisation The Royal Foundation, as well as at family events.
- Relationship AdviceYour finances after a separation: 5 must-read tips
Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:05am