Honey chicken stir-fry noodles
2 eggs, lightly beaten
500g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccolini,
1 stalk lemongrass, white
part only, finely chopped
finely chopped ginger
2 long red chillies, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g fresh Singapore
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ cup chopped cashews, toasted
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
shredded green onion, to serve
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat half the oil on high. Add eggs, swirling to coat base and side of wok. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until just set. Slide from wok onto a chopping board, roll up and thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in wok on high. Stir-fry chicken for 3-4 minutes, until well browned. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add broccolini, lemongrass, ginger, chilli and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add noodles, teriyaki, honey and soy. Stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, topped with omelette. Sprinkle with nuts, seeds and onion.
Easy pizza two ways
1/3 cup pizza sauce
340g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
100g green Sicilian olives
4 slices prosciutto, torn
4 bocconcini balls, torn
1/3 cup caramelised onion relish
400g sweet potato, peeled, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
garlic oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Place pizza bases on 4 oven or pizza trays.
- Spread 2 bases with pizza sauce. Top with artichokes, olives, prosciutto and bocconcini.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- 4 Spread onion relish over remaining pizza bases.
- Cover with sweet potato. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until sweet potato is tender. sprinkle over goat’s cheese. Drizzle pizzas with garlic oil, to serve.
Spiced tomato soup with cheese fingers
2 rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons finely-chopped ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons sugar
8 slices sourdough bread
200g colby cheese, grated or thinly slicedchives, chopped, to serve
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat oil on medium. Sauté bacon for 3-4 minutes, until crisp. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and cumin to pan. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Using
a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Cheese Fingers Butter bread on one side. Sandwich together with cheese, buttered side out. Cook in a sandwich press until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut into fingers.
- Serve soup sprinkled with bacon and chives. Accompany with cheese fingers.