Another day, another time a takeaway-food giant goes and breaks our fried-chicken-loving hearts.
This time, it’s KFC. While we know downing a large Popcorn chicken combo and a 10-pack of Wicked Wings may not be the best for our health (ugh), what this Melbourne man found in his KFC chicken of choice will FLOOR you.
As reported by Yahoo, a 34-year-old man was left shocked/horrified when he found MAGGOTS in KFC food he’d bought to cater a baby shower.
The man of Roxburgh Park, north of Melbourne, who would prefer to remain unnamed, explains that everyone at the baby shower had been enjoying the KFC chicken when a little boy discovered not one, but THREE maggots in the last piece.
“Everyone was disgusted because we’d all eaten from the same chicken. We were all worried too,” he told Channel 7, along with a disturbing video of the creepy-crawlies in his food to.
Responding to the larvae-filled claims, KFC have stated that they don’t believe that the maggots were in the chicken at the restaurant “pre-purchase”.
"KFC works closely with leading Australian forensic entomologists to understand flies to ensure our restaurant cooking and food handling practices are robust so we can keep our food safe," the statement began.
"We urge customers to take care when leaving food uncovered during the warmer months to prevent these instances from occurring. We would welcome the opportunity to speak directly to the customer. They can contact us via our website."
No matter when/where the maggots originated, we’re still scratching our own skins at the thought of it…