Seated spinal rotation
- While seated, cross your arms over your chest.
- Grab your shoulders.
- Rotate your upper body from the waist, turning gently from left to right as far as you can.
- You should feel a tension on both side of your lower back as it stretches out.
Posterior shoulder stretch
- Hold one arm across your body.
- Pull your elbow into your chest.
- You should feel your shoulder gently stretching.
- Gently lift your shoulders.
- Let them slowly fall.
- You should feel tension being released as your shoulders drop.
- Stand up and stretch your arms out behind you.
- Clasp your hands together and gently lift your arms.
- You should feel the pressure in your shoulders ease off.
- Hold both arms above your head.
- Link your hands with your palms facing upwards.
- Reach as high as possible.
- You should feel your shoulders stretching.
- Grab a towel and roll it up.
- On the floor, place the roll vertically along your spine, lay down and stretch your arms out either side.