Mushroom and tomato tarts
Prosciutto wrapped haloumi
Maple-roasted baby beetroots with feta, oregano and artichokes
Roast turkey breast with cranberry and pistachio stuffing
- 1kg ricotta cheese
- 12 large Raw Cacao Food Crafters cookies (50g) (www.foodcrafters.com.au)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Zest of one orange
- Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, syrup and orange zest in a bowl until well combined. (Note: this can be done up to two days ahead and stored in fridge)
- Spread a little of the ricotta mixture along a serving platter to make the base.
- Spread one cookie with ricotta mixture. Place another biscuit on top to sandwich together.
- Do this until you have six pairs.
- Spread one of these biscuit 'sandwiches' with ricotta. Stand up it up on the serving platter and join on another of the biscuit 'sandwiches' to start forming a log.
- Repeat by getting another sandwich, spread with ricotta 'cream' and join it to the log until you have used all of the sandwich pairs.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over biscuit log to cover. Place in the fridge for minimum of 6 hours to set.
- Decorate as you like - we recommend fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- To serve slice the cake so that each slice gets one cookie, along with plenty of the ricotta 'cream'.
Berry Ricotta Cheesecake
- 1 cup Barley+ Muesli (any variety)
- ¼ cup ground hazelnuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 4 sheets gelatine
- 500g ricotta
- ¼ cup honey
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Fresh strawberries & blueberries to serve
- Grease a 19cm Springform pan - or a mini cheesecake pan with loose bases for individual serves - with extra virgin olive oil and line the base with baking paper.
- Place the muesli in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush until it resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl and add the ground hazelnuts and the extra virgin olive oil. Mix well to combine and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan with the back of a spoon.
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 5-7 minutes. Squeeze out excess water and then melt the sheets in a small pan over a low heat.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, honey and lemon juice. Pour in the liquid gelatine and beat the mixture with a spoon to combine well. Pour into the pan over the crumb base and spread out evenly. Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Defrost the frozen raspberries in the microwave for 30 seconds. Puree with a stick blender.
- Gently remove the cheesecake from the pan and place onto your serving plate. Spread the top with the raspberry puree and garnish with the fresh strawberries and blueberries.