Speaking at a very special event hosted at the Steve Jobs Theater in California, Apple CEO Tim Cook had unveiled not one but three new phones: the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X.
All of our gadget dreams coming at once!
For those wondering when they can buy a new iPhone, how much the new iPhone will cost and what sort of exciting new features these iPhone's have - we've got the answers for you.
What are the new features of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X?
Apple have reported new phones will be available in a variety of colours including rose gold.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
While they make look similar to the iPhone 7, there have been some serious updates for the next generation of iPhones.
- Measurements: The iPhone 8 is 4.7 inches and iPhone 8 Plus is 5.5 inches.
- Camera updates: A new "bionic chip" has improved the camera sensor, camera stabilisation and allows for new camera modes include light changes after you've taken your shot.
- A11 Bionic Chip: It's being called, "the smartest and most powerful chip ever in a smartphone", and means your new phone could be up to 75 per cent faster than previous models.
- Augmented Reality - The new chip will power "augmented reality apps and games that will change the way you see the world," according to Apple.
- Wireless charging: The rumours were true! The downside is you'll need to leave it to charge on something called an AirPower mat... which uses a wire based charging... soooo....
- iOS 11: Apple claims their new operating system is, "the most advanced, intuitive and secure mobile operating system in the world."
Only time will tell!
The iPhone X
Skipping the iPhone 9, the iPhone X is also known as the iPhone 10 and on top of having all the exciting features above, has a few other new exciting features.
Apparently this phone is intelligent, "it can respond to a tap, your voice and even a glance," say Apple.
- It's all screen: The home button is gone and the entire phone is made up of a 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen.
- TrueDepth Camera: The new camera, aside from being the most highly developed of any of the camera so far includes a face sensors.
- Your face is now your password: The future is here. Face ID is enabled by the TrueDepth camera and is a secure new way to unlock, authenticate and pay.
- Animated Emojis: The TrueDepth camera analyses more than 50 different muscle movements to mirror your expressions in 12 Animoji.
- Power Efficiency: A second-generation performance controller and custom‑engineered battery design apparently lasts up to two hours longer between charges than iPhone 7. Probably this most exciting of all the developments to be honest.
They will not be bringing back the headphone jack much to everyone's disappointment.
When can I buy the new iPhone?
The iPhone X will be available from November 3 but for those who can't wait to update, The iPhone 8 will be released on September 22.
How much will the new iPhone cost?
It's not cheap.
The iPhone 8 will cost $1,079 and iPhone 8 Plus will cost $1,229.
The iPhone X will cost $1579 for a 64GB model and $1829 for the 256GB model.