/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg
British Royal Family

How Prince William and Prince Harry found out about Prince Charles' coronavirus diagnosis

The Prince of Wales made sure his loved ones were well informed of his coronavirus diagnosis.

By Bella Brennan
As news of Prince Charles' positive coronavirus result makes headlines around the world, it's been revealed how the 71-year-old broke the news to his two sons - Prince William, 37, and Prince Harry, 35.
According to The Post, the 71-year-old heir to the British throne phoned his sons to let them know he had been struck down by COVID-19.
ITV royal reporter Chris Ship also confirmed Charles had spoken to his sons on the phone.
"Prince Charles has spoken to both his sons. William in Norfolk and Harry in Canada," Ship explained via Twitter.
With overseas travel currently forbidden, Prince Harry and his wife Duchess Meghan are in lockdown at Vancouver Island in Canada and are said to be "frustrated" they can't help more.
"Meghan said Harry's been in touch with his dad... Of course, he's frustrated. She said they both are frustrated because they are doers and want to do so much more to help," a source told the Daily Mail.
The 71-year-old's Palace team at Clarence House issued an official statement on Wednesday evening (AEDT), where it was confirmed the British heir to the throne was "displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health".
The Palace confirmed further details as to the Prince's current condition, explaining that it was not possible to ascertain where or whom he might have contracted the virus from, "owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks".
It was however confirmed that Charles' wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall had not contracted the virus.
The pair are self-isolating together in a residence they own in Scotland and the discussion is now turning to just how many people, including his own family members, Prince Charles has had contact with over the past two weeks.
Most recently, Charles stepped out with Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex for Commonwealth Day celebrations at Westiminster Abbey on March 9th.
On March 10th, Prince Charles sat opposite Prince Albert of Monaco at Kings Palace for a WaterAid charity fundraiser.
Fears began mounting for Prince Charles' health after it was revealed Prince Albert had tested positive for coronavirus, and the pair had been in close contact.
Prince Charles phoned sons William and Harry to tell them the news. (Images: Getty)
The hard-working royal has carried out a slew of other engagements in London over the past fortnight.
His final public outing before he came down with coronavirus symptoms was held on March 12th at a charity dinner to help raise money for the Australian bush fires at Mansion House in London.
That same morning, Charles had a brief meeting with his mother The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
At 93 years old, Queen Elizabeth is in the high risk category for coronavirus, however Buckingham Palace says the monarch is in good health as she self-isolates with her 98-year-old husband Prince Philip at Windsor Castle.
According to a royal insider, it's believed the earliest Prince Charles could have been infectious was March 13th.
Meghan and Harry are currently self-isolating in Vancouver Island in Canada, while William and Catherine are at Anmer Hall with their three children in Norfolk. (Image: Getty)

read more from

/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg