1. Can divorce be filed online?
2. How much does a divorce cost?
3. Who gets what in a separation?
- The asset pool: This includes working through what you own and owe together such as savings, investments, real estate, superannuation, as well as any debts you might have.
- An assessment of contributions: This refers to each partner's financial contributions to their marriage. It also includes non-financial, parenting and home maker contributions.
- Considerations of future needs: This includes the age, health condition, income and childcare needs of each party.
- A fair and equitable settlement: Consideration is given as to whether the final settlement is suitable for both partners and their circumstances.