Kynan Lang, 41, Adelaide Hills, SA.
How to donate
The SA Bushfire Appeal raises funds for people directly affected by bushfires in Cudlee Creek and on Kangaroo Island. Every dollar goes to people in need, and the South Australian government absorbs all administration costs. Donate here.
The money raised through the Kangaroo Island Mayor's Bushfire Appeal will go directly to locals who need it most. This is the official donation appeal for Kangaroo Island.
BSB: 105 094
Account Number: 035 680 540
Account Name: Mayoral Bushfire fund
For international deposits, enter Swift Code: SGBLAU2S
All money in this fund will go towards care, medication and the infrastructure needed to house and treat the koalas and animals taken into the park's care. Go to: kangarooislandwildlifepark.com
The CFS Foundation provides financial assistance to volunteer firefighters and their families who have suffered through death, injury, loss or damage of property in the line of service. Go to:
The Kangaroo Island Stall in the Adelaide Central Markets has a beautiful array of products that are made on the island. From wine and spirits to health and beauty products, this is a great way to support local businesses.
Visit Stall 17 at Adelaide Central Markets. It's open every day except Sunday and Monday.
Find out more at: www.kionline.com.au
Blaze Aid is a non-profit, volunteer-run organisation that has helped set up relief centres for farmers and affected families. If you are fit, willing and able to assist, you can register to volunteer your time and service at: blazeaid.com.au
Lend a hand
■ 1.5m length of 90mm PVC stormwater pipe
■ 1 x 90 degree 90mm PVC pipe bend (male – male ends)
■ 1 x 90 degree 90mm PVC pipe bend (female – female ends)
■ 1 x 90mm end cap
■ 1 x PVC glue
■ Rope or cable ties
■ Methylated spirits
- Clean all the surfaces with methylated spirits.
- Glue the two pipe bends together, forming a half-circle. Make sure to follow the instructions on the glue bottle.
- Glue the half-circle to the stormwater pipe, creating a J-shape.
- Glue the lid on the straight end of the stormwater pipe.
- Lay the pipe flat on the ground and fill with water, until you can see water coming out of the bend.
- Lift the station upright and tie it to a vertical tree or post with ropes or cable ties, so any passing animal can quench their thirst.