- Power of Attorney laws that are the same across the country to protect older people from this kind of abuse.
- A National Power of Attorney (POA) register to check if POA documents are legitimate and current.
- Somewhere to report elder financial abuse in each state so that it can be investigated.
So what happens next?
What can you do to help?
- Sign our petition for nationally consistent laws and a National Power of Attorney Register.
- Ensure you and your family members have a trusted Power of Attorney to protect their assets in the future.
- Share your story of financial abuse to help others at email@example.com.