Turns out there’s another downside to earlobe stretching that no-one could have predicted.
US teen Ashley Glawe was trying to take a selfie with her pet python Bart when he slithered his way into her stretched-pierced earlobe but then couldn’t slither his way out.
"I kind of went into shock," she told local media. "I started shaking."
Ashley tried to remove Bart on her own but when he wouldn’t budge, she has to call in the big guns – emergency services. However when firemen couldn’t even remove the snake earring, the 17-year-old was forced to go to hospital.
Medical staff numbed her earlobes, stretched it out more and used lubricant to eventually free the reptile from its thoroughfare.
“By far one of my craziest life moments! Went to the emergency room because my ball python, python snake decided to get stuck in my gauged earlobe!” Ashley wrote on her Facebook page.
"[Bart] was SO chill it was like nothing to him," she added.
The tiny python survived the ordeal and is now enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.
- CompetitionsWin A VIP Trip to the TV WEEK Logies on the Gold Coast!
Now To LoveToday 4:16pm