What are premiums and how are they calculated?
There are different types of home insurance
- Storm and rainwater (flood cover is optional)
- Escape of liquid (e.g. burst pipe)
- Fire, lightning, explosion, and earthquake
- Impact (e.g. fallen tree)
- Theft, attempted theft, and malicious damage
- Accidental breakage (glass, ceramic and sanitary fixtures only)
- furniture and furnishings
- computers and electrical appliances
- clothing and shoes
- personal effects like jewellery, sunglasses and cameras
- carpets – loose and fitted
- Internal blinds, curtains and window coverings.