Minestrone soup is a complete meal in a bowl. Tasty and warming, and packed with vegetables, it is a perfect for winter soup.
Serves 4- 15 mins prep- 50 mins cook
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 2 beef sausages
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 Lvegetable or chicken stock
- 2 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cupswater
- 420 gcan cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cupsfinely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cupsmall shell pasta (or other small soup pasta)
- 2 tbspchopped parsley
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat half oil in a large saucepan on high. Brown sausages for 2-3 minutes, turning. Cool, slice, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add celery, carrot and zucchini. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Return sausages to pan with stock, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans, cabbage and pasta. Simmer for a further 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir through parsley. Serve with crusty bread.