First things first, if you haven’t streamed seasons one to three of Younger on Stan you may want to stop reading now as there are SPOILERS ahead.
If you haven’t got time for a binge-watch marathon and want a brief five-point run down before diving into season four (hitting Stan on June 29). Here’s everything you need to know about your new favourite series created by Darren Star (who also created Sex And The City).
1. Younger is about Liza (Sutton Foster), a bubbly 40-year-old single mum who, after being mistaken for 26, decides to use her youthful looks to re-enter the competitive world of publishing.
2. Up until the end of season three, the only people who knew Liza’s secret were her sweet younger boyfriend Josh (Nico Tortorella) and her hilarious roommate/old friend Maggie (Debi Mazar).
3. For the past three seasons, Liza has been caught in a love triangle of sorts between Josh and her sophisticated (and perhaps more age-appropriate) boss Charles (Peter Hermann).
4. Things are even messier now after the heartbreaking end of season three: Josh was about to propose. Charles and Liza kissed. Josh saw them kiss.
5. The finale finished with a massive cliffhanger. Liza finally told her workmate and best friend Kelsey (Hillary Duff) the truth about her real age.
A few other things to take note of…
Liza is all kinds of hair/fashion goals. Just treat the show as outfit inspiration research and try not to spend your life savings on online shopping after every episode. Or do - no judgement.
We probably should have made this point NUMBER ONE, but Nico Tortorella, who plays Liza’s boyfriend Josh may just be the most handsome man in the entire world…