After enduring more than a decade of heartache following the shock disappearance of her former partner Patrick McDermott, who vanished during a fishing trip in 2005, Olivia Newton-John has been given the wonderful news she thought she’d never hear – Patrick has been found.
Woman’s Day has exclusively learned that 11 years after he went missing from the fishing boat Freedom out of San Pedro, California, detectives confirm they believe Patrick is alive and well, and living in a remote area of Mexico, with new evidence suggesting that he’s also moved on with a German girlfriend.
Speaking exclusively to Woman’s Day, private investigator Philip Klein alleges Patrick, now 59, is living and working in the isolated Mexican village of Sayulita.
“Patrick’s probably now working in the yachting industry for a high-profile family down there,” Philip claims.
Meanwhile, John Nazarian, who was the very first detective to investigate the case, told us, "It's rumored he was with a German national. I spoke to people there [in Mexico]. The girl he was traveling with was described as having a German accent. To come up with the conclusion that he fell off the boat, and allegedly no one saw him fall off the boat, is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard in my life."
Olivia married second husband John Easterling in 2008 however the actress has always wanted to know if her beloved Patrick is alive and happy.
For more on this shock new discovery and to find out how Olivia is dealing with the news, be sure to pick up a copy of this week’s issue of Woman’s Day magazine!
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023