Celeb News

Chris Brown is a suspect in Las Vegas battery

Chris Brown has been named as a suspect in an alleged assault in Las Vegas, barely one month after his parole was lifted for assaulting Rihanna in 2009.

Las Vegas police want to talk to the singer regarding an altercation that allegedly took place during an early morning basketball game at Palms Casino Resort.
A man who’d been playing there told police that an argument broke out and that Chris punched him. The man said that as he prepared to defend himself, another man in Brown’s entourage punched him.
"A verbal altercation on the court led to a physical fight and the victim was punched by another male subject who was later identified as 25-year-old recording artist Chris Brown," Police said in a press release.
The alleged victim was treated for injuries at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Centre before later being released.
Chris’s publicist Nicole Perna released a statement on the singer’s behalf, denying any involvement in the confrontation.
"Chris is currently in Las Vegas as he is performing at Drai's on May 5th and receiving a Key to the Strip that day as well," the statement read.
"He has a suite at the hotel that has a basketball court and invited friends to come play. An unruly individual showed up uninvited and was removed from the premises. Chris was not in an altercation with this person."
Las Vegas police say that the convicted felon has been given the option of signing a citation for misdemeanour battery, or having the case submitted to the County District Attorney's Office for prosecution. The latter could be a risky choice, as the D.A. would then decide whether or not to press charges.
If the alleged assault had occurred back in March – just over a month ago, Chris could have been in far deeper trouble, as he would have still been on parole and most likely landed a direct ticket back to jail.
Chris’s previous run-ins with the law have been well-publicised – but particularly his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna just before the Grammys in a brutal attack for which his five year probation ended only in March.

read more from