Here's what went wrong
The long term impacts
How to avoid this happening to you
- "Do your research before choosing a salon to ensure you understand how lash treatments results can differ," Amy Jean said. "Some results will be more dramatic than other salons who would offer a more natural lash look."
- "Ensure the salon follows hygiene standards and that the treatment is in a clean environment."
- "If it is a reputable salon and no questions are needed, have a consultation with the artist beforehand to ensure the end result is what you are after."
- "It's recommended to avoid contact with water and steam for the first 24 hours. There is no after care involved following this period."
- If you are using a lash growth serum, be sure to let the salon know. They should use a softer profile or less curl as the lashes curve more easily when on a growth serum. If they use a mould too tight, it may flip the lashes back onto themselves.
Shop: A next-generation fibre mascara: False Lash X-Fiber Mascara Black, $28.95 by L'Oreal
Shop with Afterpay: A lash growth serum to let nature do the work: Eyelash Enhancing Serum, $59 by Rapidlash
Shop with Afterpay: An at-home tint for semi-permanent drama: Eyelash and Eyebrow Tint, 12.95 by Apraise