Natalie Suleman rose to fame in 2009 after she gave birth to octuplets conceived by IVF, despite already having six children.
Dubbed “Octomum”, she went on to become America’s most controversial mother, turning to stripping and pornography to provide for her huge family.
Now, in her most candid ever interview, Natalie - formerly known as Nadya - says she was forced to “kill off” her “vile” Octomum character in order to save her life and focus on raising her children as best she can.
WATCH: Inside Natalie's hectic world. Post continues after the video...
In an exclusive chat with Woman’s Day, Natalie, 41, says she was ashamed of the “dehumanising and exploitative” work she did as a celebrity porn star and stripper.
“Everything I ever did was for money to put food on the table,” reveals Natalie.
“Everyone thinks I had all these donations and help, but I didn’t. I did everything on my own and paid for everything out of my own pocket."
“The last two years of it were so dark. We were on the verge of homelessness, so rather than put my kids in front of the camera, I decided to put myself out there.”
WATCH: Natalie talks about her porn career. Post continues after the video...
Natalie has since given up her porn career and returned to her former profession - working as a psychiatric nurse.
To read our full, exclusive chat with Natalie and to see how grown up her octuplets are, be sure to pick up the latest issue of Woman’s Day, on sale now!
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023