Reality TV

EXCLUSIVE: MAFS reunion bombshell! Inside Mikey’s incident that led to a visit to the police station

A drama-filled finale, to say the least...
Loading the player...

Despite the dramas and bombshells this season has seen, nobody anticipated Married At First Sight‘s long-awaited reunion would be rocked by a police investigation.

But in photos obtained exclusively by Woman’s Day, single groom Mikey Pembroke was seen looking stressed out as he left Mosman Police Station last week.

Mikey looked stressed as he left Mosman police station last week.


Sources confirm Mikey filed 
a police report after producers from Endemol Shine – the company that produces MAFS – discovered a series of threatening messages sent 
to his social media from an account, which one newspaper says is believed to be associated with bikie gangs.

Mikey’s brother Tom said 
one of the messages read, “You can watch me bash him 
if you want, I can video it.”

Even more terrifying, Mikey’s address was leaked on the account, forcing the 29-year-old into hiding at a Sydney hotel.

The reality groom’s six-night stay is said to have been paid by producers, who also put 
up Mikey’s close friend and fellow groom Ivan Sarakula, 30, to comfort the star.

Last week, multiple officers arrived at Nine’s head office in Willoughby to address the situation with Mikey and Tom.

While the report makes no direct links to bride Stacey Hampton – whose ex-fiance Shane Smith was revealed to be an Adelaide-based Rebels bikie member – she tells Woman’s Day she sees the reporting of the situation as a well-timed attack.

She adds the dreamed-up links to bikies will also ruin her reputation further.

The MAFS finale looks set to be jam-packed with drama.


“This is an absolute attack 
on bikies and an attempt to discredit me,” says Stacey, who is accused at the reunion of sleeping with Mikey – something she vehemently denies.

“I don’t think it’s a coincidence Mikey is being caught up in a bikie-related drama this close to the reunion airing,” she adds.

As well as feeling under fire from Mikey, Stacey claims she had to deal with verbal abuse from her TV husband Michael Goonan before filming the show’s reunion.

In a string of messages sent from the mother-of-two to her ex-fiance Shane, Stacey reveals Michael, 28, was threatening 
to verbally “bury her” ahead 
of the reunion taping.

WATCH: Mikey and Natasha leave the experiment. Story continues below…

Loading the player...

“He’s threatening me now,” 
a panicked Stacey wrote at the time of filming.

“Now he’s saying he’s gonna bury me on TV. Calling me a c*** and saying he’s untouchable,” she writes.

According to the 26-year-old bride, she was so overcome with anxiety at the time that she relied on taking Valium 
to get her through the night.

When approached for comment by Woman’s Day, Michael denies he intended 
to harm Stacey.

“[When I found out she’d cheated on me], I said don’t worry about tomorrow [at the commitment ceremony],” he says. Adding, “I said I could bury her [on the couch], but even enemies can show each other respect.”

Stacey (left) claims Michael (right) is threatening her.

(Image: Channel Nine)

Related stories