/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg
British Royal Family

The Queen puts family first as she returns to royal duties after a concerning bout of COVID-19

Her Majesty made a special visit before getting back to work.

By Maddison Leach
The Queen has returned to royal duties just over a week after she tested positive for COVID-19 and reignited lingering public concern for her health.
On Tuesday she carried out two virtual engagements from Windsor Castle, meeting with key ambassadors from Andorra and Chad via video link.
The Queen has returned to limited virtual engagements. (Image: Getty)
Dressed in a bright green frock with a brooch pinned over her heart, Her Majesty showed no obvious signs that her bout with the virus had taken a physical toll on her.
It has also been widely reported that she left isolation at Windsor Palace on Sunday to attend a family gathering at Frogmore with a number of senior royals.
She supposedly travelled to Frogmore House, near where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex previously lived, to spend time with several of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Among the guests were Prince William, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their three children, as well as Princess Beatrice and her daughter Sienna, the Daily Mail reports.
Her Majesty reportedly journeyed to Frogmore House to spend time with several of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. (Image: Getty)
News that the Queen had COVID-19 broke on February 20, with Buckingham Palace confirming she had tested positive but was only experiencing mild cold-like symptoms.
The 95-year-old monarch subsequently cancelled a number of engagements, going into isolation at Windsor Castle while she put her royal duties on hold to rest and recover.
WATCH: Prince George sings 'God Save The Queen' at a rugby match. Story continues after video.
Though the palace reassured the public that the Queen was not suffering from severe or life-threatening symptoms, her diagnosis caused a fresh wave of concern for the 95-year-old's health.
Prince Charles, who recently endured his second bout of COVID-19, tried to soothe public fears during an outing at Southend-on-Sea in London on Tuesday.
"I asked the prince about his mother and he said, 'she's a lot better now - it was very mild'," a local who met Charles told Hello! Magazine.
"It was a bit worrying as the Queen is getting on a bit, but I think she's absolutely wonderful."
Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall return to public duties. (Image: Getty)
It was the first time the future king and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall had attended a public engagement in over a week after they both tested positive for COVID-19 too.
There has been speculation that Charles may have exposed his mother to the virus during a meeting days before he tested positive, however the palace has not commented on these claims.
While Her Majesty appears to be making a careful return to her royal duties, it's unclear when she will attend public, face-to-face engagements again.
There are a number of key events coming up in her calendar, including her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in just a few months' time.

read more from

/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg