/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg
British Royal Family

Princess Beatrice shares video message for her first appearance since her royal wedding was postponed

The bride-to-be was forced to postpone her wedding due to COVID-19 restrictions.

By Alex Lilly
Earlier this month, Princess Beatrice and her fiance Edorardo Mapelli Mozzi announced that they would be postponing their wedding due to the strict coronavirus laws.
However, the eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson has shared a rare video message from her home in the wake of the cancellation.
Princess Beatrice and fiance Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi had plans to marry in May. (Image: Getty)
In a clip uploaded by one of the royal's patronages Arkell Dyslexia, Princess Beatrice spoke from her home, presumably her London-based residence at St. James' Palace about how those suffering from dyslexia can get the support they need in these uncertain times.
Dressed in a black and white outfit with her strawberry blonde locks loose , the 31-year-old royal said, "This is an incredibly challenging time for the world and the United Kingdom."
Princess Beatrice recorded a personal message for her patronage. (Image: Twitter)
"As patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, I just wanted to send this message to say the Helen Arkell charity is open for business. Yes, they are doing things online at the moment rather than face to face, but their incredible team of specialists is here to help whenever you need them," she added.
"Whether that is online courses, tuition sessions, or their online helpline, please get in touch. I would encourage you to look at their website and see what's available to you."
Princess Beatrice was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was just seven-years-old and confessed that reading the Harry Potter books helped her overcome her difficulties.
"The second story came out, I couldn't put it down. Now I read so much quicker, so much better and I studied history at university which involved a lot of reading," she said.
Princess Beatrice was set to marry her financier fiance at London's St. James's Palace on May 29 with a reception afterwards at Queen Elizabeth's Buckingham Palace gardens.
However, the couple shared a statement earlier this month confirming that the wedding was formally cancelled and that there were "no plans to switch venues or hold a bigger wedding."
"They aren't even thinking about their wedding at this time. There will come a time to rearrange, but that's not yet," a spokesperson for the couple told PEOPLE maagazine.
WATCH BELOW: Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's love story. Post continues after video...
Due to coronavirus social distancing laws, many of the royals have found themselves working to support their respective patronages from home.
In fact, Prince William made royal history when his brand new role as royal patron of the National Emergencies trust was announced via a candid video chat inside his family home at Amner Hall.
"Thank goodness you're there, Natalie," the Prince told Natalie Webster, who operates Welsh community farm Dal Dy Dir.
"It's got to be reassuring for everyone when so much is changing around them to know that you're still there and your team are still looking out for them."

read more from

/assets/images/headerlogos/AWW-logo.svg