British Royal Family

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Sydney visit will include these hot spots

First stop: Wine Country!

By Chloe Lal

Now that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have crossed off the royal wedding from their to-do list, their next big venture will be their first big international royal tour as a married couple.

All signs point to Australia for the Invictus Games, which will be held in Sydney in October.

And you can bet the NSW government is planning a trip for the ages.

According to the Daily Telegraph there are big hopes that regional NSW will get a chance to show off for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with both Bathurst or the Hunter Valley tipped as contenders to make the itinerary.

Harry and Meghan married on May 19.
Harry and Meghan married on May 19.

Meanwhile, everyone in NSW is hoping to make the cut.

Putting their hat in the ring Manly MP James Griffin has announced that he's invited Megs and Harry to the Northern Beaches.

"An official invite was extended during my maiden speech to parliament," he told the Manly Daily.

The newlyweds will be lapping up the best of Sydney, with reports from the Daily Mail suggesting they could be staying at Point Piper mansion Villa Del Mare.

The six-bedroom home is worth a little under $40 million and boasts some of Sydney's best water views.

Look inside Point Piper mansion Villa Del Mare

Introducing Villa Del Mare.
Introducing Villa Del Mare.
Located in Point Piper.
Located in Point Piper.
The home is the definition of luxury.
The home is the definition of luxury.
It boasts six-bedrooms.
It boasts six-bedrooms.
And we bet the newlyweds will love it!
And we bet the newlyweds will love it!

Prince Harry created the Invictus Games in 2014.

The international event, which this year will have competitors from 28 countries, is a sporting competition made for wounded, injured and ill serving and former serving military personnel.

This year, the Sydney hosted games will run from October 20 to 27, 2018.

Australia is ready for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!
Australia is ready for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!

The Games are hugely significant for the couple, who went public at the Toronto games in 2017.

Kensignton Palace is yet to officially confirm Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attendance, though the 36-year-old admitted she was "really looking forward to" coming to Australia.

During a conversation with athlete player Michael Mellon, who competed in sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball at the Games last year, Meghan accidentally shared her exciting plans.

"She told me she had never been to Australia but was going to this year's event and really looking forward to being there with Harry," Michael revealed to royal reporter Omid Scobie.