It was the coronavirus diagnosis that sent shockwaves around the world.
But according to Clarence House, Prince Charles, 71, is feeling better and out of self-isolation after spending seven days in his Birkhall residence in Scotland.
"Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation," a statement from Clarence House confirmed on Monday, March 30th.
His spokesperson said the senior royal was feeling better and following the UK government's restrictions, which stipulates that anyone with coronavirus symptoms should self-isolate for seven days.
According to HELLO!, Prince Charles' wife the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, who tested negative to COVID-19, will continue to self-isolate until the end of the week.
News broke of Prince Charles' health scare last week, when Clarence House issued an official statement confirming the British heir to the throne was "displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health."
The Palace confirmed further details as to the Prince's condition, explaining that it was not possible to ascertain where or whom he might have contracted the virus from, "owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."
It was however confirmed that Charles' wife, Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall had not contracted the virus.
During his self-isolation, Charles' social media account @ClarenceHouse shared a message thanking fans for their well-wishes.
"Thank you for all your 'Get Well Soon' messages for His Royal Highness. He is enormously touched by your kind words," the post read.
WATCH: Prince Charles is visibly confused over shaking hands with a guest amid coronavirus. Post continues after the video...
Prince Charles' final public outing before he came down with coronavirus symptoms was held on March 12th at a charity dinner to help raise money for the Australian bush fires at Mansion House in London.
That same morning, Charles had a brief meeting with his mother The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
At 93 years old, Queen Elizabeth is in the high risk category for coronavirus, however Buckingham Palace said last week the monarch was in good health as she self-isolates with her 98-year-old husband Prince Philip at Windsor Castle.
It's not known how long Prince Charles will have to wait until he can physically see The Queen again but one can only assume the pair will continue to practice social distancing with one another until Charles is fully recovered.