Married At First Sight

MAFS groom Daniel Webb charged over telemarketing scam

The reality star could be facing potential jail time over allegedly scamming millions from innocent families.

By Bella Brennan
In a week where he should be celebrating his new marriage, Married At First Sight intruder Daniel Webb's troubled past is coming back to haunt him.
According to Nine News Queensland, the former rugby player has been charged with aggravated fraud after allegedly taking part in a huge telemarketing scam on the Gold Coast, which reportedly robbed $20 million from innocent local families.
Do you have a Married at First Sight tip or know one of the participants? Email us with your tip-off at
The 35-year-old single father, who has been matched with Tamara on the Channel Nine reality show, will face the Brisbane Magistrate's Court this Friday.
The reality star was one of seven people charged in 2016 over the ploy, which saw the syndicate allegedly cold call over 600 people in 2014.
Police claim Webb took advantage of vulnerable people and asked them to cough up between $500-$1000 for a four-day trial of investment and betting software before getting them to sign on to a 12-month contract, the Gold Coast Bulletin reports.
The reality star could be facing potential jail time over allegedly scamming millions from innocent families. (Image: Channel Nine)
The scamming syndicate reportedly even doctored fake reports showing growth in their company to help get victims over the line.
A source tells Now to Love that as part of his bail conditions Daniel had to "check in at the police station every fortnight and had to fly home from filming MAFS to undertake these check in to ensure he wasn't breaching his conditions."
WATCH: Dan and Tamara meet for the first time. Post continues after the video...
Gold Coast detective Michael Featherstone is the alleged mastermind behind the "boiler room scam."
Featherstone and his wife Zoei Charissa Keong were charged with fraud and lawyers for the couple have said they will fight the claims.
In a tragic turn of events, Zoei Charissa Keong was found dead in December last year.
When Now to Love reached out to Married At First Sight, they refused to comment on the matter as it is before the court.
Police will alleged the single father was part of a "boiler room" syndicate which would cold call vulnerable people on the Gold Coast and scam them for money. (Image: Channel Nine)