She's coped just fine with no make-up or hairstyling in the jungle in South Africa, but Debra Lawrance insists she's actually a vain person.
''I'm pretty fit – I do yoga and Pilates every morning,'' she told TV WEEK before she started filming, I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
''Any actor worth their salt needs to stay fit anyway, but also, I'm really vain – I want to look good. I'm in pretty good nick, if I can say so.''
The 66-year-old also describes herself as being curious, a quality that has helped her get through some of the challenging times in her life, including the birth of her daughter Grace.
''I did 19 hours of labour with Grace without drugs, and she was a posterior birth, which I didn't know at the time, so it was really painful,'' she remembers.
''I was really curious about how bad the pain would get. It was awful, but I think my curiosity kept me going.''
Grace is now an outdoor education teacher, and both she and her younger brother Will were very supportive of their mum going on I'm A Celebrity.
''She's delighted I'm doing it,'' Debra says.
A TV WEEK Logie Award winner in 2017 for Please Like Me, Debra is best known for playing Home and Away's Pippa from 1990 onwards.
It was on Home and Away that she met her future husband Dennis Coard, when he played Michael, her love interest in Summer Bay.
She says she and Dennis have always had things to talk about apart from their roles.
''So many other things we love about theatre and performance and birdwatching and sports. I think he married me because I used to play cricket, so I can talk knowledgeably with him about Test matches!''
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023