Bernard Tomic said the magic words and freed himself from the jungle on Tuesday night, he's officially left I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.
Speaking with the Daily Telegraph's Jonathon Moran following his dramatic exit from the show after just three nights, the 25-year-old said he needs to get back to what he does best -- tennis.
"I've got to get back to where I belong," he said in the post-jungle interview. "It might take me six months but every day is going to be a step closer and every day I spend out there is a day I lose."
"I just don't think that it was the right time for me here," he continued. "If it was the right choice and I had nothing to regret and think back to at what I am leaving, I would have stayed, I am 100 per cent certain. It is what it is and I hope one day I can come back to this in maybe a decade and complete it."
Bernard said this time around he'll walk out onto the court with a different perspective, admitting that he's lost his initial "love" for the game.
"I will never love it like I did when I was 12, 13, 15 years old, I will never love it like that," he said. "It is a business, I like it. The last year I have been so confused and I haven't played that much tennis and I have enjoyed my life, which I am human, I've deserved, I have worked for the last 16/18 years to be where I am and obviously needed a break the last sort of year."
On Monday night's episode of I'm A Celeb, the nation watched as Bernard threatened to walk out of the show after just 48 hours.
He was left feeling worse for wear following a tucker trial, which saw him suspended up in the air above a canyon.
"I am really sick. I am about to vomit, I am out, I am so sick," Bernard screamed as he was dangling in the air.
"I've never felt so ill before," he added, before shouting the iconic safety line which terminates challenges: "I'm a celebrity... get me out of here!"
Network Ten has since come under fire a tweet issued, and swiftly deleted, just minutes after the tennis player's departure. It read: "Tomic quitting… something sounds familiar here… we can't place it."
The comment was quickly met with outrage as viewers slammed the network giant for their handling of the situation.
"Disgraceful tweet. I'm no fan of his, but you seem to have either made a real error putting this kid on ... or, you did it on purpose knowing the train wreck that could ensue. Either way, shame on you," wrote one viewer.
"This tweet is bloody disgraceful. Clearly the time for him to have some arms wrapped around him and given help not publicly mocked by the channel that put him there," commented another.
A third noted: "Well done picking on a kid with mental issues."
We wish Bernard the best of luck going forward!
- CompetitionsPick up a bamboo eco travel cup for just $2.50 at Woolworths*
Now To LoveToday 2:10pm