Celebrities put their bodies on the line for the ultimate cha-cha on Dancing With The Stars but there are no shortages of bruised egos behind the scenes – and it has all to do with money.
These celebrities put their bodies on the line for the ultimate cha-cha but there are no shortages of bruised egos behind the scenes – and it has all to do with money.
New reports reveal that all the stars in being paid the exact same amount in 2023. Something that hasn't been done since the series premiere in 2004.
Woman's Day sources reveal the 14 cast members are being paid "just under $50,000" for their appearance in the competition."The cast all rehearsed and trained as if they were going to the finale. They all put in the same amount of time, so they were all paid for five weeks of their time," the source said.
"It was a one-price-fits-all."
Woman's Day heard there was no room for negotiations in 2023 after Seven paid a hefty price for its Dancing With The Stars: All Stars season in 2022.
However, its believed the cast were okay with the salary cuts given they were competing for charity.
"In a time where salary disputes are almost a guarantee, Seven were so happy they were able to get a line-up as good as they got while keeping the price down," the inside expressed.
"It was clear this year's cast were there for one thing and one thing only – and that was their charities."
Meanwhile in 2020, the pay slips for most contestants where under $20,000!
Woman's Day revealed Christian Wilkins, Dami Im, Travis Cloke, Dean Wells and Claudia Karvan all received $15,000. Meanwhile Angie Kent and Celia Pacquola were paid $40,000 and Chloe Lattanzi was paid $45,000.
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023