How much weight should you gain during pregnancy?
A word of caution
Tips to help keep in shape
- Ideally, start the pregnancy in the best shape possible with a BMI of 18.5 to 25.
- Keep the weight gain under control by eating a healthy diet and keeping physically active.
- Breastfeed if you can for at least 12 weeks post-partum.
- Be happy! Evidence shows that women who are highly stressed or suffer from post-natal depression find it more challenging to lose weight post pregnancy ... it's sort of a vicious cycle.
- Get support from family and friends so that you have more time to prepare healthy meals and get out to exercise.
- Seek professional advice from dietitians or weight management organisations.