Pregnancy & Birth

Mother who lost her 3yo son in a choking tragedy has shared a picture of her new baby

Simon and Anna Davis have welcomed a new baby boy just months after the heartbreaking choking incident that took the life of their three-year-old son, Alby Fox.

By Rebel Wylie
The parents of Alby Davis, who lost his life just before his fourth birthday after choking on a bounce ball in February, have welcomed baby number four.
The Tasmanian family, already parents to Sage Mila Wren, Alby Fox and Acre Roo shared the happy news that a sweet baby boy named Arnhem Oak was born at home.

Anna shared an image of her sweet new son on her business Instagram page, 'The Small Folk' writing: "Our newest little lion-heart finally decided to descend from the cosmos and emerge into the world. How blessed we are to welcome our fourth babe, and third cherished son, Arnhem Oak, born lovingly at home this morning"
Anna was 43 weeks pregnant when Arnhem Oak made his arrival. Just recently, as she awaited his arrival, Anna shared how painful it was to watch Alby slip away from her while a new life grew inside her and the "tidal wave of grief" that she was experiencing.

Anna writes; "While paramedics fought to bring our precious Alby back from the heavens, I knelt by his side, with his hand clutched in my own, as our unborn babe kicked inside my womb. And in that moment, the overwhelming contrast of life and death reared its ugly beauty in a way I never conceived possible.
"The last few days have been spent swimming through a tidal wave of grief, grappling with the almost incomprehensible thoughts of one sweet life slipping through our fingers only four months ago, while physically and mentally preparing to guide our next little starling into the universe.
"Sometimes this grief is raw and unbridled and takes us all by surprise. And all that we can do is surrender, allow our tears to cleanse the fire, and then set it free"

A tragic accident

On Monday, February 16 a package arrived at the Davis home full of party favours for Alby's upcoming fourth birthday celebrations.
In a tragic moment, one of those favours – a bounce ball which was bigger than a 50c piece – became trapped in Alby's windpipe, restricting his airway. Anna and paramedics tried desperately to save the little boy, but the worst possible outcome occurred and sweet young Alby lost his life.

We wish the Davis family love as they settle into life with their beautiful Arnhem Oak.