How do home pregnancy tests work?
Where can I buy a home pregnancy test?
- First Response Test & Reassure Pregnancy Test
- First Response Digital Pregnancy Test
- First Response Instream Pregnancy Test
- Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test
- Clearblue Plus Pregnancy Test Visual Stick
- Clearblue Pregnancy Test Early Detection
- Pregnosis Early Detection Dip & Read
- Pregnosis Early Detection In-Stream
- Pregnosis Digital
How to use a home pregnancy test
How accurate are home pregnancy tests?
- hCG-producing growths such as an ovarian tumour
- Medications - particularly some fertility drugs which may contain hCG - may cause a false positive result
- Protein in your urine may give a false positive result
- A recent birth or miscarriage may also cause the presence of hCG in your system
- The urine collecting cup is dirty – even detergent residue has been known to cause false positive results
- The test kit is faulty - heat and moisture can impact a test's ability to work as it should