UPDATE: Barnaby Joyce has publicly apologised to his wife, his daughters and his pregnant partner outside parliament house.
"I want to say, to Natalie, I'm deeply sorry for all the hurt this has caused. To my girls, how deeply sorry I am, for all the hurt it has caused them.
"To Vikki Campion, how deeply sorry I am that she has been dragged into this."
He also apologises to his "supporters" that the "deeply personal issue" has shifted into the public sphere.
The Deputy Prime Minister asserts that Vikki Campion is "without a shadow of a doubt" his partner now, though she not when they worked together.
A new voice has spoken out in the Barnaby Joyce affair scandal - this time it's the ex-fiancee of Vikki Campion, who, rather than looking for his 15 minutes of fame, insists he has nothing bad to say about the subject.
Speaking to News.com.au, John Bergin insists "the break up was amicable," and that he's "moved on".
"We split in August 2016 and we haven't spoken to each other since," he explained of his former relationship with Campion.
"I'm just a spectator in this, like everybody else," he confirmed.
The digital consultant confirmed he and Campion were set to marry on November 5, 2016.
Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce's wife Natalie Joyce has shared her 'devastation' at learning that her estranged husband is expecting a baby with a woman he used to work with.
Speaking to The Australian, Mrs Joyce said that she is deeply saddened by the news which has sent upset through her family.
"This situation is devastating on many fronts. For my girls who are affected by the family breakdown and for me as a wife of 24 years, who placed my own career on hold to support Barnaby through his political life," she said.
Mrs Joyce hinted at betrayal, explaining that their family had let office and campaign staff into their home and lives.
"Naturally we also feel hurt by the actions of Barnaby and the staff member involved," she said, before pleading for privacy during this time.
The news comes just two months after he formally announced the breakdown of his 24-year marriage to Natalie Joyce, the mother of his four children.
According to The Australian, sources close to the Nationals leader last night confirmed the relationship after The Daily Telegraph revealed the pregnancy.
The Daily Telegraph reported that the couple had moved in together and Mr Joyce was "madly in love'' but the 50-year-old is concerned about the welfare of his daughters, who are in their late teens and early 20s.
The publication adds that the couple will welcome their first child together in April.
Ms Campion, 33, worked as Mr Joyce's media advisor before she moved into a more senior role with Resources Minister Matt Canavan in April last year.
She then joined the office of Nationals chief parliamentary whip Damian Drum, before losing her job when Mr Drum moved from his role to become the Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister.
Mr Joyce, who opposed same-sex marriage and abstained from the vote, revealed that he had separated from his wife during the debate in federal parliament late last year.
"I didn't come to this debate pretending to be a saint," he said at the time.
Mr Joyce and Ms Campion are yet to speak publicly about the news.
- Money6 things to expect if you visit a financial adviser
- Local NewsHow the rural communities affected by the drought are rising from the dust
Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:08am
- Local NewsHow you can help farmers and communities affected by the drought this Christmas
Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019