- Design your own e-card invitation and email it to guests.
- Host the shower at home and ask everyone to bring a platter of food.
- Bake your own cake or ask a friend to make it as her gift to you.
- Go out for a girls' lunch instead and ask guests to pay their own way.
- Who's that baby?
Ask guests to bring a photo of themselves as a baby. Number each photo and put them on display. Give guests a piece of paper and ask them to correlate each photo to a guest. Whoever guesses the most matches correctly is the winner.
- How big is the bump?
Ask each guest to estimate the size of
your bump. Use a tape measure to discover the most accurate answer.
- Play celebrity baby heads
Make headbands, each with a picture of a celebrity baby. Ask guests to close their eyes while you put one on their head. They can only ask each other 'yes' or 'no' questions to discover the baby's identity.