Before they bounce
- Place the trampoline on a flat surface. Ensure the trampoline is level and stable.
- Secure the trampoline legs to the ground to increase stability and prevent it being moved.
- Regularly check the condition of the trampoline bed (mat) and frame padding system for tears, detachments and weakening due to wear and sun exposure.
- Ensure the area under and around the trampoline is free of obstacles such as bicycles and other moveable play equipment.
- Inspect framework and springs for surface rust, corrosion or deterioration and check that they are attached properly.
Trampoline safety rules
- Only one user on the trampoline at a time
- Supervise children using the trampoline at all times
- Trampolines are not recommended for children under six years of age
- Teach children how to correctly use the trampoline such as: jumping in the centre of the bed
- focussing their eyes on the trampoline bed as this will help control bounce
- Adults should model safe behaviour on trampolines
- Display clear safety signs such as "one at a time," "bare feet only", "do not use when wet", "do not jump onto or off the trampoline"
- Keep toddlers away from the trampoline when in use to prevent them from going underneath the trampoline
- A "spotter" can warn the trampoline user if they are moving off centre of the bed
- Do not attach chairs, ladders or planks etc. to the trampoline
- Take children to trampolining school to learn somersaults etc.