There's nothing more exciting than seeing that the big guy has not only been to drop off the gifts, but that he's also taken a moment to sit in your home and eat the thoughtful cookie snack that you've left out.
One way to make that moment even more special is to take the time to make the cookies yourself. We've got eight great recipes for you to get inspired to make Santa's snack even sweeter with a homemade gift from the heart.
To give Santa the energy that he needs to make it through a night on the sleigh, Callebaut Chocolate Hero Darren Purchese has put together a delicious recipe for Santa's Gold Chocolate & Coffee Cookies which is sure to set up Santa for a successful night of deliveries.
Santa’s Gold Chocolate and Coffee Cookies recipe
This will make 18 delicious cookies for Santa and friends.
- 220g Unsalted butter
- 200g Soft light brown sugar
- 180g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate soda, sieved
- 2 Eggs, whole
- 350g Plain flour, sieved
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 50g Coffee, freshly ground
- 150g Callebaut Dark chocolate (plus extra for baking)
- 250g Callebaut Gold Callets (plus extra for baking)
- Finish with Salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, salt & bicarbonate soda together with a beater.
- Mix for two minutes on a medium speed and then scrape down the sides.
- Mix for three minutes on a medium to high speed then scrape down sides.
- Add the egg gradually while continuing to beat on a low to medium speed.
- Add all egg in and mix well before scraping down the sides.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, coffee & chocolates and beat slowly until it is all incorporated.
- Weigh the mix into 85g balls and chill.
- Bake in an oven for 17 minutes, remove from the oven and press gently with a weight.
- Add dark chocolate & 'Gold' chocolate buttons to the top and melt.
More delicious cookie recipes below ...
Chocolate chip cookies are great of course, but what about Honey Jumbles? Or easy-make Christmas Cookie Bark … or Gingerbread?!
The Australian Women's Weekly site is choc-full (pardon the pun) of simple to make, delicious cookie recipes that will have Santa full and ready to get on his merry way.
We've rounded up our favourites in the gallery below to inspire you to make Christmas memories with the kids.
Gallery begins after video ...