1. Basic ballet bun
- Gather the hair into a high ponytail and tie with a hair elastic.
- Twist the hair from the ponytail.
- Wrap the hair around the hair elastic and secure with bobby pins or another hair elastic.
- Optional: Accessorise with a ribbon or hair clips.
2. Half up half down
- Collect two portions of hair from the side and tie them together with a hair elastic or secure with pins.
- Jazz it up by braiding (see below) or adding hair accessories.
3. Layered/bubble ponytail
- Divide the hair into four sections: They should be stacked vertically starting at the top of the head to the nape of the neck.
- Tie the first section into a ponytail, then tie the second into a ponytail adding the first one in.
- Repeat for the third and fourth ponytails.
4. Fishtail braid
- Brush hair thoroughly.
- Tie a ponytail at their nape and split into two sections.
- Overlap thin sections of hair from the outside of each section over to each other.
- Pull each section firmly as you go and repeat until you reach the end.
- Secure with a hair elastic.
5. Double dutch braid
- Tie a middle section into a ponytail.
- Grab a front section and divide into three strands.
- Tuck the outer strands under the middle strand.
- Pull through more sections of hair from the front side only.
- Continue and secure with a hair elastic. Then do the same on the other side.
- Tie all three braids together into one ponytail and braid together.
- Twist into a bun and secure with pins.