Why does miscarriage happen?
- immune system and blood clotting problems
- medical conditions such as thyroid problems or diabetes
- severe infections causing high fevers (not common colds)
- physical problems with your womb or cervix.
Miscarriage can be more likely to occur if women are:
- Over 35 years old
- Smoke or drink alcohol
- Drink too much caffeine
- Have had several previous miscarriages
The common miscarriage signs
- Cramps in your lower tummy, similar to period pain
- Passing fluid from your vagina
- Passing of blood clots or pregnancy tissue