Airline policies on flying while pregnant
Travel Insurance while pregnant
The main health risks of flying while pregnant
Choose the best seat
What happens if you need to give birth overseas?
Travel vaccinations for pregnant women
Source a local OBGYN
Take it slow
The importance of the right type of accommodation
A pregnancy travel checklist
- Research: Check the airline restrictions for flying while pregnant
- Register with Smartraveller: Let the Government know where you're going, so they can contact you in an emergency.
- Visit your GP or OB/GYN: Discuss your travel plans and get the relevant vaccinations. You will most likely need a medical certificate confirming you're fit to travel.
- Research your destination: Consider the foods, cultures and climates of the places your visiting. Know what to avoid, particularly while pregnant.
- Pack correctly: Pack clothes that take your changing shape into account and keep you comfortable.