- your breasts should sit fully inside the cups. Nothing should be spilling out of the top or sides.
& wide underbust elastic should fit firmly around your ribcage.
- the back band should be fastened on one of the tighter hooks if purchased earlier on in your pregnancy to allow for your ribcage to expand.
- the back band should be fastened on the loosest hooks if purchased closer to your due date so it can be tightened when your ribcage begins to contract after birth.
- straps should feel comfortable on your shoulders – not too tight or loose.
- nursing clips should be easy to fasten and unfasten with one hand. (Don't forget you'll be holding a hungry baby in the other!)
The Hotmilk Lingerie range, from $49.95. Pregnant or breastfeeding? You don't need to ditch the sexy underwear with this line of stylish and practical maternity bras that you'll actually want to wear.
The Triumph Gorgeous Mama, $49.95 features drop-down cups and convertible shoulder straps that can be worn standard or crossed for support.
The Medela Maternity & Nursing Bra, $36.95, is a seamless and comfortable bra to wear during the early stages of nursing. Created in a stretchy, seam free fabric.
The Cariwell Seamless GelWire Nursing Bra, $99.95, features incredibly flexible Gelwire™ to give you support while still being soft and comfortable to wear.
The New Beginnings Everyday Maternity Bra, $49.95, features breathable double layer fabric for ultimate comfort and functionality.