Skin issues, overstimulation and baby massage
• Be aware of nappy preparations, like wipes or moisturiser, that aggravate the condition.
• After your baby has had nappy rash, it's important to allow her skin to be aired between changes for up to 20 minutes.
• In severe or persistent cases, seek your doctor's advice.
• Lay your baby on a thick towel, then pour some oil onto your hands, not onto your baby. Try using a vegetable-based oil, such as grapeseed oil, or one recommended for babies.
• Use only gentle stroking movements when massaging your baby. The movements should be smooth and rhythmical, but firm and even at the same time.
• Using the tips of your fingers, stroke your baby's abdomen in a clockwise direction, passing one hand over the other to keep the stroke continuous.