1. Always pack comfortable shoes
2. Stay hydrated
3. Limit the booze
4. Know what to eat
5. Don't stress
6. Stretch it out
7. Practice self-restraint
8. Remember the most important meal of the day
9. Catch some Zzz's
10.Moderation is key
Crunching the numbers
- A recent study from Cornell university has revealed that the extra kilos put on between Halloween and Christmas can take more than five months to lose!
- People who go on a one-to-three week holiday put on an average 320g.
- A third of all travellers say they take workout clothes on vacation with them, but 27 per cent admit to never using their gear.
- According to a survey by travel site TripAdvisor, despite being worried about gaining weight, 81 per cent of survey respondent say they rarely feel guilty about indulging on vacation. And that's a GOOD thing!
- The worst destinations for holiday weight fain are America, the Caribbean, France and Italy. So you're better off holidaying close to home!