Dinner party plot
Fatal love triangle
Murders more commonly occur on Sundays and Thursdays.
- 64 per cent of homicide victims are male while 36 per cent are women. Men were six times more likely to commit homicide than females.
- 45 per cent of homicides occur in the victim's home. Nine per cent occur in the offender's home.
- New South Wales has the highest homicide rate out of all Australian states with 151 homicides between the 1st of July 2012 and 30th of June 2014, followed by Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania and the ACT with only three.
- The number of victims of a sexual assault crime has been increasing for the last seven years. 84 per cent of victims were female and half of those were aged between the ages of ten and 19.
- Between 2016-2017 there were 91 deaths in custody. 16 of these deaths were indigenous people. 76 per cent occurred while police try to detail an individual while 24 per cent occurred in an institution.