The death of a young boy who was found unresponsive at an inflatable play centre in Toowoomba has sparked investigations about how the fatal incident occurred.
Hunter Young’s parents made the heartbreaking decision to turn their three-year-old’s life support off on Monday after the little boy sustained serious head injuries in the under-five's area of Inflatable World Toowoomba, reports 7 News.
The boy reportedly lived with his parents in Coomera on the Gold Coast but was in the care of his grandparents at the play centre when the incident occurred.
The exact circumstances of how Hunter injured himself are unclear, as he was reportedly playing unsupervised at the time, but he was found near the bottom of an inflatable slide suffering from convulsions, reports The Courier Mail.
Witnesses told 7 News that the boy received CPR by members of the public until an ambulance arrived to take him to Toowoomba Hospital. He was later transferred to Brisbane's Lady Cilento Children's Hospital where he died.
Police and Workplace Health and Safety officials are investigating Hunter’s death and detectives are urging witnesses to come forward.
In a statement made on Facebook on Tuesday Inflatable World Toowoomba offered their condolences to the family and said they were conducting their own review.
It read: "We are devastated by the news that a child has passed away in hospital after collapsing at our venue on Sunday afternoon."
Inflatable World Toowoomba added: "A full investigation involving all relevant authorities is underway, we have also undertaken our own internal investigation, are working with authorities and have passed on our findings.
- SkincareWhy you should use seaweed in your skincare routine
Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019