The 11-year-old Perth girl who received a massive electric shock when turning off a garden tap is not only now responding to voices and opening her eyes, but is being moved into a wheelchair, says her family.
This is a miraculous revelation for Denishar Woods, with this being the first sign that the young girl's condition is improving.
Denishar's mother, Lacey Harrison, has shared the exciting-considering-all-things news, stating that all she wants to do is take her little girl outside.
"Last week we were told she wouldn't make it off life support," Ms Harrison said.
"Now, watching her get in the hoist and get in the wheelchair... I just want to bring my baby outside."
After 16 days in the intensive care unit at Princess Margaret Hospital, Denishar Woods has been moved to a different ward as she no longer needs around-the-clock care. The schoolgirl was also taken off her respirator and was able to breathe on her own.
Doctors have told the young girl's devastated mother, Lacey Harrison, that her child is brain dead, but the family is not giving up hope.
Ms Harrison told Seven News, since moving to the new ward, her daughter had been responding to voices.
"She probably will never wake.... the vegetative state will stay... but while she's breathing on her own there's a fight in there," Ms Harrison said.
Young Perth girl shocked by up to 230 volts
The seemingly safe, everyday task of turning off a tap has left Denishar in hospital on life support on March 3.
The 11-year-old girl suffered a huge electric shock from an outdoor tap in the front yard of her family's home.
The girl's mother, Ms Harrison, who was also shocked, is by her side at Princess Margaret Hospital and has asked for people to pray for her daughter.
"She's too young to have to go through something like that," Ms Harrison told Seven News.
Denishar's was trying to turn off the garden hose about 9pm on Saturday night when she was unexpectedly shocked. Ms Harrison heard cries from her daughter and rushed to help, however she was also hurt.
"The hose has just gripped my baby's body and just taken her down and just fried her," she said.
"How does this happen, how, how does it happen?"
Neighbour Merv Brown came to help and found Denishar unconscious, without a pulse. He attempted to turn off the tap and also received a big shock.
Paramedics soon arrived to the scene where Ms Parker said she was able to scream, but unable to move.
"Me and my daughter were laying there screaming for them to stop this energy going through us."
Ms Harrison said she felt her body weakening when she thought about her seven children and her will to survive for them.
How the incident occurred is now under investigation.
The Department of Housing said: "This is a sad situation and our thoughts are with the family of the young girl".
"The Department of Communities (Housing) is awaiting further information from The Office of Energy Safety regarding the incident."
Ms Harrison revealed she had been calling the department for weeks after she smelt burning wires. She says she had called again on Saturday when the power had tripped.
She says she was told an electrician would be out either on Saturday or Sunday.
An EnergySafety investigation is under way into exactly what caused the tap to give off the shock.