the spots, from freckles and moles to age spots. The first sign of cancer is usually the appearance of a new spot that stands out from other spots, or a change in an existing freckle or mole, the so-called ‘ugly duckling sign’.”
- A Asymmetry (a mole that is not even in shape, contours and colouring).
- B Border (irregular, jagged borders).
- C Colour (such as brown, red, white or black).
- D Diameter (greater than 6mm).
- E Evolution (a mole that rapidly changes in shape, size, thickness or colour).